Monday, July 30, 2012

A Beautiful Wedding at the North Shore


I had a great opportunity to work with a Maui based photographer, Angelina Hills of Aloha Portraits the other day :-) Angelina flew inter-island for this wedding, and I assisted her as a second shooter. Her friend Beth and Derek held their wedding at a private residence on the North Shore.  I love the North Shore because of its mellow ambience.  Time seems to be suspended here.   :-)

One great thing about being a wedding photographer in Hawaii is that I am able to see lots of different cultures.  During this wedding, I witnessed for the first time, a Jewish tradition of "breaking the glass" At the end of the ceremony, a glass wrapped in a towel was brought to Derek, and he smashed it with his feet!  Afterwards, I looked up the meaning and what it is for - one interpretation explained "the marriage will last as long as the glass is broken - FOREVER."  How fascinating!

Congratulations Beth and Derek, I wish you happiness in your married life! :-)

Photography & Blog: Kay

(Click "Read more" to see more pictures)






























Have a happy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment